This is freakin' ridiculous...

Topics: User Forum
Jan 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Months ago I deleted BeyondPod because its failures had become infuriating. I tried several other podcast aggregators for the T-Mobile G1 (Android), but none of them boasted the same features sets (regardless of whether they worked or not) of BeyondPod.

After weeks of going without my favorite podcasts, I gave up and re-downloaded BeyondPod, perfectly aware of why I stopped using it in the first place. The first few days were grand; all of my podcasts downloaded and updated perfectly...

And then the bullsh!t started all over again. NONE of my feeds will update. EVER. Even though they have updated in the past, and I know them to be functional, and there are full downloaded episodes sitting in those feeds... BeyondPod just decides, at random, that "No. You will not get any more podcasts from that feed." So I try whatever I can think of: I empty the cache. I delete old episodes. I reboot the G1 (both soft and hard resets). I delete BeyondPod and then re-download it.

At some point in that process...BeyondPod starts working again! But it's a different solution that fixes the problem every time. There is no consistent, obvious solution to the problem.

And now it has gotten to the point where none of those fixes do anything. When I click on "Update All" the update cycle starts running...but eventually I get the triangular exclamation point in my notifications bar telling me that I won't be getting my podcasts today.

So the product won't work at all. But they already have my money. So does it really matter? And I'm sure there is some crazy-ass solution that all the brilliant computer scientists out there think is so obvious... "Well, you just need to maladjust the cyberrepeated extant capabilities and redefine your download folder in the A1-64 mainframe." Or some such. And I'm probably a damned moron for not realizing that. Right?

I'm just a guy with a phone who wants to listen to his podcasts. 

-putnamm

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

putnamm,

You posted on a wrong forum. This is the forum for Windows Mobile version of BeyondPod.  The Android forum is at http://groups.google.com/group/beyondpod

In order to not confuse the discussions about different versions of the product, can you either re-post (just copy and paste) to the correct forum, or simply send a copy of that message to support AT beyondpod.mobi. I will work with you to get your issues resolved.

Stefan

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Are you kidding? Jesus Christ... You know what, forget it. I'll just go back to using my iPod. You people can keep my money and maybe use it to develop a product that actually works.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM, skyntchev <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

putnamm,

You posted on a wrong forum. This is the forum for Windows Mobile version of BeyondPod.  The Android forum is at http://groups.google.com/group/beyondpod

In order to not confuse the discussions about different versions of the product, can you either re-post (just copy and paste) to the correct forum, or simply send a copy of that message to support AT beyondpod.mobi. I will work with you to get your issues resolved.

Stefan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I understand that you are frustrated, but at least give me a chance to help you.

There are many possible reasons for the feeds to stop working some my be application fault, some may be outside of the application control. For example if your feeds are set to be synchronized with Google Reader and Google changes something in their service, your feeds will stop updating  (such change occurred about 2 weeks ago  and the solution in this case was very simple - just to clear your Reader  Login and re-Login again.) Sometimes the feed publishers themselves have an issue for example  last week the Engadget feed had an issue, the week before all CNet audio feeds had similar problems.  In all cases I try to find and post a workaround in the support forums.

BeyondPod works quite reliably on many devices in many countries. Sometimes there are issues related to a specific configuration or feeds or usage that I have not anticipated. In these cases I try to work with whoever reports the problem to investigate the root cause and provide a solution. 

It would be very helpful if you at least tell me what feeds are you having problems with.

Stefan

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:28 PM
I've already purchased another product that is much more effective and reliable. Please don't contact me again.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM, skyntchev <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I understand that you are frustrated, but at least give me a chance to help you.

There are many possible reasons for the feeds to stop working some my be application fault, some may be outside of the application control. For example if your feeds are set to be synchronized with Google Reader and Google changes something in their service, your feeds will stop updating  (such change occurred about 2 weeks ago  and the solution in this case was very simple - just to clear your Reader  Login and re-Login again.) Sometimes the feed publishers themselves have an issue for example  last week the Engadget feed had an issue, the week before all CNet audio feeds had similar problems.  In all cases I try to find and post a workaround in the support forums.

BeyondPod works quite reliably on many devices in many countries. Sometimes there are issues related to a specific configuration or feeds or usage that I have not anticipated. In these cases I try to work with whoever reports the problem to investigate the root cause and provide a solution. 

It would be very helpful if you at least tell me what feeds are you having problems with.

Stefan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com