Touch screen doesn't scroll

Topics: User Forum
Oct 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Hi,

Thank you for this fabulous application. I discovered it last week and as a regular BBC podcast listener have used it every day since.

Can you help me with a couple of things relating to my HTC Touch Pro2? I'm using Windows 6.5

1. When I tap on the feed the screen with the text descriptions of the podcasts doesn't scroll via the touch screen. I have to open the soft keyboard and press the cursor keys. Have I set up something incorrectly? It doesn't look like a browser window but the program UI.
  2. I'm not using the internal player because of the volume problem mentioned elsewhere here. I use the HTC player separately after I have used BeyondPod to download the podcasts. I would like to use the HTC player from within the application so that I can delete podcasts when they've been played. Can you help me by telling me how to associate the file format with the HTC player? MP3's must be currently associated with Windows Media Player as this app opens when I set BeyondPod to use External Player.
  3. Update podcasts doesn't appear to wake up and use the exiting Wifi connection on Windows 6.5.1/HTC Sense 2.1 I have to leave the program and wake up the WIFI connection and restart the update. PIE and Opera 9.7 both wake up the WIFI connection automatically. Something for the todo list perhaps?

Thanks for any help you can give me and thanks for a great program - it's my favourite

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Yes, there is a problem with the scrolling on 6.5. There is a hotfix that Microsoft released that supposedly resolves that issue. You can find more information in this post [discussion:53878].

To associating the .mp3 with you can edit the registry (just google "windows mobile associate extension"), or use an app (like http://www.badschwii.com/) that does that for you.

Unfortunately the WiFi management is very device specific - it works on some hordware but not on others. For some reason Microsoft has not standartized that functionality and it is a big mess.

Stefan

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply and solutions. I have made a donation for this great app.