Skip and Save

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM

I'd like to suggest taking the Internal Player up a level, and adding the following functions during playback:

* Skip, and Save for Later: Ends playback of the current file, and moves to the next.  Later, possibly add a 'do not delete' flag.

* Skip & Delete: Ends playback, deletes the file, and moves to the next file.

* Save for Later: Keeps playing, but marks the file as "saved for later" -- to share with someone else, for instance.

Of course, there is also the existing "delete after played", but that only works if you play the whole file (including any repetitive outro).  Therefore:

* Keep-playing-but-delete-when-I-move-on, might be useful.   Though, with the other options above, it may be sufficient to change the delete behavior to just "delete if more than X seconds/minutes" have been played.

Thanks for a great program!

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:01 PM

aann,

Currently there is a feature that lets you skip to the end of the podcast. This feature does something similar to what you want. If you set BeyondPod to delete at the end of playback, "skip to end" will skip and delete the current podcast (otherwise it will just start playing the next). Also you can always go to the next podcast and this will remember how much you played from the current and start the next regardless of the setting of "delete at end of playback".

Stefan

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I think I get it -- with "delete at end" ON, "skip to end" will delete the file, and "play next" will save it for later.

Thanks!

BTW, are there any plans for a finger-friendly interface for the internal player, to match the rest of BeyondPod?   Big buttons for the skip and next functions would be ideal while jogging.