Google Reader and lost feeds

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM

The other day I lost all of my feeds and when I go into import from google reader there is an error making this connection.

I never exported an opml file. When I try to import from google reader the error messages is "An error message cannot be displayed because". That's all it says, I downloaded the latest version 3.1.1.0 and the google reader still doesn't import. I there a work around this or will this issue be fixed?

Without google reader it is very time consumming trying to get just the right address written in the address bar. It seems that each podcast site has their own set of rules on how to write their rss feeds. I am a paying supporter and have always bragged about beyoundpod being one of my favorite apps.

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I just figured a workaround for google reader not working and I'll share in case anyone else has been having this problem.

On your computer sign into your google reader account and go into settings,Import/Export, and Export your subsription as an OPML file.

Drag that file into  your Program files/beyondPod/Opml file (in my case this resides on my sd card of my motorola q).

Now open up beyondpod/menu/manage feeds/import feeds/select local opml file and edit the location to the google-reader-subscriptions.xml file.

Select next and every thing is there...