Lost all feeds

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Great program!!

I had over a dozen feeds until a few days ago and now all of sudden 0 feeds 0 podcasts. How can I recover?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2009 at 1:10 AM

One possibility is that your storage card itself or the BeyondPod directory may have become corrupted (if you installed BeyondPod on the storage card). If this is the case, you can attach it to a PC and check it for errors.

Stefan

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Files all looked good. I just re-imported the feeds from an OPML file and all of the previously downloaded Podcasts bacame available after the first update.

Thanks again for the best Podcast program available.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Hi Stefan - I recently lost all BeyondPod config when I had to perform a hard-reset on my WM phone. Can you confirm where the config files are stored - are they all in the Program Files\BeyondPod folder? I'm tempted to reinstall BeyondPod on the Storage Card rather than on the device itself (all the downloaded podcasts are on the storage card anyway) - would you recommend this or has this been known to cause problems?

Is there a candidate for a feature request here - the ability to export the BeyondPod config settings regularly to a defined/configurable location e.g. at successful startup/shutdown or perhaps using BeyondScheduler? Maybe also keep x number of backups and provide the ability to import as well..?

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 2:52 AM

beermatt,

All config files are stored in the BeyondPod's install directory. Here is a link with more information: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Resources.htm (it is towards the bottom of the page)

I think Installing BP in main memory, podcasts on SD card is the preferred way to do it.

Stefan

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info - very useful. The config you suggest (BP in main memory, podcasts on SD card) is how I have mine loaded currently so I'll leave it there for now.

I've also now found MortScript, which has allowed to to write a small batch file to back up the settings files to storage card (when I'm happy with it I may set up BeyondScheduler to run it on a schedule too).. :-)

Cheers,

Matt.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:37 AM

I've added feeds recently, and had 92 in total.  I had to reset my phone, and now have 0 feeds, 0 podcasts.  I didn't yet have a backup of my new feeds, and don't have a seperate backup of the TrackState.xml.  I renamed the .bak file to TrackState.xml, but it still contains 0 feeds, 0 podcasts.  I assume this is because, on finding I had 0, I closed BeyondPod and BeyondPod overwrote the .bak file with the 'empty' TrackState.xml file.  Is there another way to recover my download history please.