All downloads fail (G1 running Android 1.1)

May 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I downloaded the trial version of BeyondPod from the Android Marketplace and loved it. It worked great for a week. Occasionally I did have some podcast and feed downloads fail, but after retrying the download they always worked. So I decided to purchase the unlock key.

Now none of my downloads work. Ever.

I am synced with Google Reader and am running only about 15 feeds, including five or six podcasts. Every time I try "Update All" they all fail and display little yellow exclamation point signs. I have tried to update them manually from the individual feed windows, and this also fails.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and this did not remedy the situation. All downloads/feeds are still failing every time.

I have also cleared the caches. This did not fix it either.

It's very frustrating to pay money for a product only to find it does not work. Your help would be appreciated.

May 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM

putnamm,

One possibility is that you are not logged in to Google reader (or your login has expired).  Try this: Menu > More > Import and Export Feeds. On the Google Reader tab click on "Clear Login". Type your user name/password and click on Load Subscription List. Once your subscription shows up, you can press back until you get to the list of your feeds. Try to update again.

Also you have posted in a the wrong group. This is the group for BeyondPod for Windows Mobile. The correct group is http://groups.google.com/group/beyondpod

Stefan