Podcasts not playing in the right order

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM
Hi.  I just started getting the 2 Live Stews podcast (http://snrmedia.com/xmlshows/stews.rss).  The entire 3 hour broadcast is split up into 9 segments.  Unfortunately, on playback BeyondPod seems to not recognize the right sequence of the segments.  The different segments' names appear to be random and have no identifiers that would indicate 1 of 9, 2 of 9, etc.  I used FeedBurner on my laptop to see how it shows up, and there the podcast appears in the correct order.  The first segment shows up as: 2 Live Stews - March 4, 2009 - Segment 1 of 9.  Any ideas on how I can get the segments to play in the correct order on BeyondPod player?  I've exhausted my limited expertise playing around in Settings.  Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM
At this point I don't think there is much you can do. My guess is that FeedBurner uses the title of the post for a name. Unfortunately, the way the feed is set, all podcasts come with the same date and time and they don't have ID3 tags - those are all things BeyondPod uses for sorting.  I have to add some special handling for such cases. I will add that to the todo list for the next build.

Stefan