Downloading All new podcasts

Topics: User Forum
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Love the software.  It is definitely the answer to my needs.  Now just trying to learn the details and don't know if this something I'm missing or should be a new feature request.   I been using BeyondPod for a couple of versions now.  What I want to do is take a long running podcast I've listened to using various resources, computer, other phone software and now BeyondPod and tell it that I that the 154 new items it wants to download are really not new.  But do want it to keep track of all the new casts from now on. 

My phone is a AT&T Tilt and I'm downloading with WiFi.

Thanks,
Jan 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM
In the feed properties, (Menu > Manage Feeds > Edit Feed), under "Podcast Download History" there is a link called "Mark All as Downloaded". This will add all current podcasts for that feed to the download history as if they were downloaded. This should do what you are asking for (if I understand your question correctly).

Stefan
Mar 9, 2009 at 1:03 AM
I understand what Cyberwere is saying.  Got it that I can manually edit the feed & mark them, but shouldn't that be an automatic feature?  All my podcast file names are unique.  It would be great if beyondpod would not re-download & overwrite the file that is already on my mobile phone.
Mar 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM
BeyondPod does automatically track podcasts that you download and mark them as downloaded so they are not downloaded again.  I am not sure I understand your question. Unless the feed you are using uncovered a bug in the logic, as long as podcast names are unique, BeyondPod will not overwrite an existing podcast. Unfortunately sometimes BeyondPod may have trouble decoding the name of the podcast from the podcast URL and that may cause it to overwrite an existing podcast. There is a setting in Feed Properties called "Force Unique Names" that is intended to force BeyondPod to give a unique name to the podcast regardless of the podcast URL. If you see podcasts being overwritten, you can try turning that setting On.

Stefan