Downloads

Dec 8, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Hi.  I told BeyondPod 3.0.0 to download my podcasts to a folder called PODCASTS on my storage card.  I used file explorer to see what was there, and nothing was being saved into that folder.  I did a little digging and found that new podcasts are going to the DOWNLOADS folder in the beyondpod programs folder. I went into beyondPod settings to see if it had reverting back to default and it still shows to send podcasts to PODCASTS folder. Any idea why it's not doing that?
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM
If you go to the feed properties of each feed, there is a place to specify the download folder for this feed. That folder is based on whatever was the default global download location when that feed was added. 
If you open the feed content in the content view for a given feed, BeyondPod will show you the free space in the location where the feed podcasts will be downloaded (this is the place specified in the feed’s properties)
In the Tools > Settings there is a place to specify a global default download (root) location, that is used only as a starting point when you add new feeds. If you set it to some folder and later change it, that will NOT automatically update the download locations for each feed.

Stefan
Jun 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Perfect!  This should be in a FAQ, as it has perplexed me for longer than I care to admit.  Note that if you simply clear the download folder *within the individual feed properties*, then the default folder is used.