Bluetooth and Internal Player

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM
I use the internal player to listen to my podcasts, and I often listen to them over a stereo (A2DP) Bluetooth headset.  The audio is fine, but when I press my headset's pause button, BeyondPod's internal player doesn't pause.  Is there a way to make this work?  The Bluetooth pause functionality works fine if I set BeyondPod to use Windows Media Player instead of the internal player, but I like the internal player much better because it remembers how much of a podcast I've listened to and allows me to resume from that spot later on.  If I use the external player it starts over at the beginning the next time I go back to that podcast.
Dec 3, 2008 at 9:12 PM
You are correct that the default BeyondPod player is Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, AVRC profile (this is the functionality that allows Bluetooth devices to control the playback) is supported only in the standalone version of Windows Media Player. For some reason Microsoft has decided not to include that plugin when Windows Media Player is embedded in other applications (like BeyondPod). At this point the only solution is to switch the default player to "External with ASX Playlist" then BeyondPod will start the standalone version of Media Player and this will let you to control it using your headset. (One disadvantage of this approach, as you already pointed out, is that when you use an external player, BeyondPod can't track played time for each podcast).
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM
Hi skyntchev, do you have a plan to add other media players as the default BeyondPod player, like the Coreplayer? Though I am not sure whether the embedded Coreplayer can support ACRC.

It is great if BeyondPod internal player can support  bluetooth headset control and the time tracking function.
Apr 9, 2009 at 3:48 AM
That has been requested many times, but unfortunately, so far I was not able to find any other player that can be controlled the same way as Windows Media player and support AVRC profile. Hopefully that may change in Windows Mobile 6.5 but I would not bet on it.

Stefan