Change of Default Browser (and back to PIE)

Topics: Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM
First of all... great app.

Just 2 things:

1) I tried to change to Opera Mini as default browser. Tried it setting  OM as my system default browser (unsuccesful for beyondpod) and changing beyondpod settings (can't be done, because it's not an exe file). Any ideas with that ? is it possible ? OM it's way better than PIE.

2) After changing the default browser path in settings, I can't return to the orginal state (PIE as default, with windows\iexpore.exe as path). I receive this message in PIE: The address is not valid. Check again the adress and try again'. I tried to uninstall beyondpod and installing new version, but same thing.

Please... help. I love beyondpod, I'm addicted to it !

G.
Nov 27, 2008 at 4:00 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2008 at 4:01 AM
BeyondPod should be able to work with Opera Mobile (but not Opera Mini as you pointed out) as the default browser.
BeyondPod uses files with the extension of ".htm" for all its internet files. In order to work correctly, .htm extension has to be mapped to Internet Explorer. This is how it is mapped on my device:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm]
@="htmlfile"
"Content Type"="text/html"

("htmlFile" is  actually a "link to" htmlfile type that is defined this way)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile]
@="HTML Document"
"EditFlags"=dword:00010000

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\Shell\Open\Command]
@="iexplore.exe file:%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\DefaultIcon]
@="browsres.dll,-6703"

If BeyondPod detects that other browser is set to handle ".htm" files, BeyondPod switches the default extension it uses to ".bphtm" and adds a ".bphtm" mapping in the registry that points to PIE. If you want to restore BeyondPod to use PIE, just make sure that the .htm extension is mapped correctly.

Stefan