Button Reassignment

Topics: User Forum
Nov 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM
I have an AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro).  I want to assign one of the phone's buttons to perform the "skip 30s forward" function.  I go to the Assign Buttons dialog, highlight "Skip 30s forward", choose Menu > Assign, and then press one of the phone's buttons.  But instead of assigning the function to that button, it performs the task assigned to that button by the operating system (go to the Home screen, go to the phone application, etc.).  Am I following the wrong procedure?  Thanks in advance for any insights.
Nov 23, 2008 at 1:56 AM
Unfortunately at this point you can assign only keyboard buttons (alpha numeric keys, navigation buttons, D-pad buttons and the Enter key) . The hardware buttons (like camera, home, back etc.) that are not supported as they are handled differently inside Windows Mobile applications.

Stefan
Feb 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Am sure it must be me (!), but I can't seem to find a way to reassign buttons - in particular the D-Pad on my X50v ..?  Basically, had hoped to use this more instead of having to tap on the screen so much - especially to move been feeds ..?

In addition, a few requests:

- would be nice to have feed categories collapse/expand, so you don't have to scroll through the whole list when you're after a specific feed in a known category.
- have setup to have smallest txt size - but "Email, Hide" etc all remain larger text - any reason/way to change this ..?
- would be nice option to have all entries in a given feed turn to "read" when you go to next page or another feed/option to "lock" individual ones as unread?
- doe BeyondPod currently auto sync when in cradle?
- when updating does BP check Google Reader (if setup) for new feeds or do you need to manually refresh this setting when you have added new content to GR ..?
- be great option to 'mark' certain posts and then email as a single email (rather than for each and every one individually)  
- on the above point, noticed when I did email these, the URL in the body of the email wasn't clickable for some reason ..?

Think that about covers it for now - but great app all the same ..!! ;-)
Feb 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM
pinkmon,

Can you provide some more information on what actions do you want to be able to map to the D-pad buttons? Currently you can map them mostly to the player actions, but we can probably enhance it so they are mappable to other actions too.

As far as categories expanding, if you just hod the center D-pad button it will show you the list of categories so you can jump directly there. This is probably similar to what you want.

The fonts size changes in the Feed Content view are for (older) people who have a hard time reading the smaller fonts in the posts

BeyondPod syncs ether manually or using a schedule. It can use the ActiveSync connection, but it does not auto sync automatically when connected

At  this point you have to manually import your new Reader subscriptions. We are working to enhance the Reader integration in the next version.

When sending e-mails the e-mail is just plain text (rather than HTML) and this is why the urls are not clickable.

Thank you very mich for the suggestions. I really appreciate your feedback

Stefan.