connection behind a wap proxy and user agent

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM
hello
great work with that podcatcher !
I'm very interested in using it especially its podcast functionalities.
The problem is that my phone operator (sfr, french) uses a filter based on user agent identification to restrict web access via its wap proxy to only some web browsers.
i haven't found anything in the setting files allowing to modify the beyondpod's user agent.
the result is that beyondpod opens a connection but then can't download anything.
would il be possible to allow the modification of the user agent via a setting file, like for example opera ?
that would be great
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Thanks,
This is a good suggestion, I will try to add it in the next BETA build.

Stefan.
Nov 6, 2008 at 7:36 AM
thanks to you
i'm very glad if my suggestion could help improving this very interesting soft
i stay aware for some feedback
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:21 PM
markopol,

The latest BETA (3.0.0.4) has a setting that allows you to configure a different User Agent. Please take a look at the Tips and Tricks page http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Resources.htm, for instruction how to set that up.

Stefan
Nov 7, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2008 at 9:23 AM
your reactivity is amazing ! 72 hours between my suggestion and your last release.
downloaded the last beta
  • checked my usual browser's useragent at http://useragent.org
  • edited settings.xml and pasted the new key
  • (edition had to be done from an external editor and a USB connected PC due to probable admin only write access to settings files under wm).
and... and... and...
worked like a charm of course ! my hypothesis and your solution were correct.
left a donation: just hope that my money won't be captated by some weird microsoft so-called foundation...
anyway : just two words left : THANK YOU and... Bravo !
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2008 at 7:34 PM

I am very glad it worked as I did not have a good way to really test it.
I believe that many other people will also benefit from the proxy workaround you found.

Thanks for helping BeyondPod!
(I can assure you there is no Microsoft Foundation behind it, it is all supported only by the good will of the people who use it)

Stefan