Beyondpod 2.9 beta

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:14 PM

I've been testing beta 2.9.0.3 on a Sprint HTC mogul pocket PC phone (Windows Mobile 6.1).

When I am in the podcast screen, there is no way to move up and down if the podcasts take up more than the entire screen (the arrows control volume and there is no scroll bar). Also, the auto-screen blank needs to be a toggle (on/off) and have a timeout value option. Having the option to leave the screen on if there is external power would be a plus. My screen often goes blank when I'm still working with podcasts.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM
You should be able to scroll the items on this screen by just dragging them up/down (finger scroll), alternatively you can just clear the volume up/down shortcuts in Tools > Settings  > Player Settings and clicking on the "Change Button Mappings."

I can't remember in what version, but we changed the way the "screen off" works so the screen does not turn off if you switched to a different screen after you started playing. You can get the latest BETA 2.9.0.7 - it has several other bug fixes and improvements. If you still find that the screen turns off when you don't need it, let me know. We can add an option to disable it.
The latest beta is available from http:www.beyondpod.mobi/Beta

Stefan