Download complete posts

Topics: User Forum
Oct 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM
First I want to thank the developers of this nice feedreader which i really like but nevertheless having trouble with...

I read about 50 blogs and i would like to download all new posts of them in the morning using my wlan at home because i dont have an internet-flat for my mobile device...

Is it possible to to set beyondpod in a way that it is downloading whole feeds (with or without pics) and not only headers or teasers to read offline or do i need another reader for this purpose?

regards
mario
Oct 5, 2008 at 8:14 PM
Mario,

BeyondPod does download the entire content of the feed, but it does not download any links to other articles that are linked from the feed. What is included in the feed is up to the feed author. Sometimes, they decide and include the entire content of the blog post and sometime they give just a summary and put a link to the blog post's page on their web site.  This way you are forced to see (and click) on the advertisements that they run there. Unfortunately, currently BeyondPod will not download the blog post unless its entire content is included in the feed itself.

Stefan
Mar 11, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Hello,

1st of all, thanks to offer such a good feed reader ! I've read everywhere in the web good comments about your soft... Bravo ! ;)

I've got one question, please :
Today, i read RSS feeds with pRSSreader (another good freeware). The DEV have stopped further developpement, so i expect problems in the future is this soft is not maintened for future OS versions...

I would like to switch to your soft, but i need an answer : Is BeyondPod able to cache webpages for offline reading ?

Typical use is : In the (early) morning, i connect my device to the Web via my laptop (ActiveSync), and update all feeds AND some webpages.
Travelling to my work (in the parisian subway, without nearly any internet connexion), i can read webpage linked to my feeds... I've got a small data rateplan, too, and it saves me money to get it offline ;)

An example of feed and cached pages is at this url : http://www.rue89.com/homepage/feed
pRSSreader is able to cache the entire webpage (without images, but i don't care) to a cache folder (located onto my StorageCard) to read it offline... Can BeyondPod do that, too ?

Thanks for answer :)

Best regards

YoLoLo (from France, into the subway... maybe like a mole !)
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM
YoLoLo,

Downloading the article pages is not supported yet. This is one of the most requested features. It is on the to do list but I am not sure when it will make it into the release.

Stefan
Mar 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM
So sad... :(

I'll wait for the future feature, then ;)

Thanks anyway for your answer...