Google Reader Starred Items?

Topics: User Forum
Aug 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM
When I plug in this url into the new feed form, it comes back as saying it's invalid.  Anyone have luck adding their starred items feed in Google Reader?
Aug 4, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Can you please post the url of that feed. I will take a look.

Stefan
Aug 5, 2008 at 3:00 AM

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user/08231224036164266880/state/com.google/starred

Thanks,

Levi

Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 6:55 PM
To: Levi Wallach
Subject: Re: Google Reader Starred Items? [beyondpod:32811]

Can you please post the url of that feed. I will take a look.

Stefan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email beyondpod@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:56 PM
Hi Levi,

That feed is very strange - it appears to be a web page, rather than an RSS feed. I think Google just combines all starred items internally into a page and does not actually serve them in RSS (or Atom) format. That feed works in Google reader, but when I try to import it, the url I get is half of what it needs to be (seems to be some internal directory). Probably  there is some way to get to the url that has this feed as an Atom feed, but so far I have not been able to find it.

Stefan
Aug 8, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Thanks for checking, Stefan. I'll see if I can find a better url for you that is an actual feed, and, well, I guess I can test that myself to see if it works. Thanks again,
Levi

Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 8:54 AM
To: Levi Wallach
Subject: Re: Google Reader Starred Items? [beyondpod:32811]

BODY { FONT-SIZE: 0.75em; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana } #ThreadNotificationFooter { BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; COLOR: gray } #ThreadNotificationPostBody { MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2em }

Hi Levi,

That feed is very strange - it appears to be a web page, rather than an RSS feed. I think Google just combines all starred items internally into a page and does not actually serve them in RSS (or Atom) format. That feed works in Google reader, but when I try to import it, the url I get is half of what it needs to be (seems to be some internal directory). Probably there is some way to get to the url that has this feed as an Atom feed, but so far I have not been able to find it.

Stefan