HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) Issues

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
First off - I love the software and I've been using it exclusively for a couple of weeks now. 

I have uncovered the following issues on my system.

Hardware:
HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125)
.NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed to main memory
WM 5.0
BeyondPod v2.8.0 installed on storage card.

BeyondPod settings:
Podcast Download Folder: Storage Card
Default Podcast Player: Use Internal
When Finished Playing: Delete and play next
Auto Collapse Long Items: Longer than 800 Symbols
Format Pages for Mobile: Google
Open External Links In : Use Internal

Problems in Content View:
- Read and Mark as Read links do not toggle to Unread and gets the following message from Internet explorer: The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.
- After using Mark All as Read from Menu; Unread link does not toggle back to read and gets the following message from Internet explorer: The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.
- More and Hide links do not expand or collapse the additional text of the feed.
- Download link gets this message:  The Requested Page can not be displayed (the podcast does start downloading however after clicking Go back)

Problems in Podcast View:
- Most Podcasts are not deleting after playing even if set to do so in settings.
- Podcasts that are indicated as fully played (by dark blue bar) are not deleting with Delete Played command and receive this message: There is nothing to Delete!

Other issues:
- Intermittent  shutdown of program with no reason.

Again, I love the app...Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to the fixes.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 2:34 PM

mrw45 wrote:
First off - I love the software and I've been using it exclusively for a couple of weeks now. 

I have uncovered the following issues on my system.

Hardware:
HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125)
.NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed to main memory
WM 5.0
BeyondPod v2.8.0 installed on storage card.

BeyondPod settings:
Podcast Download Folder: Storage Card
Default Podcast Player: Use Internal
When Finished Playing: Delete and play next
Auto Collapse Long Items: Longer than 800 Symbols
Format Pages for Mobile: Google
Open External Links In : Use Internal

Problems in Content View:
- Read and Mark as Read links do not toggle to Unread and gets the following message from Internet explorer: The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.
- After using Mark All as Read from Menu; Unread link does not toggle back to read and gets the following message from Internet explorer: The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.
- More and Hide links do not expand or collapse the additional text of the feed.
- Download link gets this message:  The Requested Page can not be displayed (the podcast does start downloading however after clicking Go back)

Problems in Podcast View:
- Most Podcasts are not deleting after playing even if set to do so in settings.
- Podcasts that are indicated as fully played (by dark blue bar) are not deleting with Delete Played command and receive this message: There is nothing to Delete!

Other issues:
- Intermittent  shutdown of program with no reason.

Again, I love the app...Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to the fixes.

Thanks

Thanks for reporting that.

I think the problem is the version of Internet Explorer that you have on your device. Earlier version of IE ( the one that came when WM5 was originally released about 2 years ago) has exactly the problems you describe. Microsoft released several fixes known as AKU  for WM5. If you upgrade your device to the latest firmware (I think it is AKU3 for WM5 or upgrade directly to WM6) both IE and Media player problems sholud go away.

Stefan