Backup and restore

May 25, 2008 at 10:04 PM
I have been trying BeyondPod and found it to be a really great tool that does most of what I want. I have downloaded quite a few pods to an sd card in my dell axim x51v but have had to hard reset and restore the machine. The fresh install of BeyondPod does not recognise the previously downloaded pods (downloaded via BeyondPod). Is there a way to make it do this. I have a copy of the previous BeyondPod program files directory so am able to copy across files from this to the new directory. Also the download directory on the sd card is completely unchanged.

Thanks for any help.

Red
Coordinator
May 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM

red wrote:
I have been trying BeyondPod and found it to be a really great tool that does most of what I want. I have downloaded quite a few pods to an sd card in my dell axim x51v but have had to hard reset and restore the machine. The fresh install of BeyondPod does not recognise the previously downloaded pods (downloaded via BeyondPod). Is there a way to make it do this. I have a copy of the previous BeyondPod program files directory so am able to copy across files from this to the new directory. Also the download directory on the sd card is completely unchanged.

Thanks for any help.

Red

BeyondPod stores the download history in 2 ".bin" files called: BeyondPodHistory.bin (the enclosure download history) and BeyondPodItemHistory.bin (the read/unread status of the items). Both files are located in the BeyondPod download folder. If you copy both of those files from your old installation to the new one BeyondPod should recognize them. Just make sure you exit BeyondPod before you do the copy.

Stefan