Bad .cab file? Or just me?

Topics: User Forum
May 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM
Hello all,

I tried this morning to download and install BP 2.7, but the .cab file seems to be invalid. I've tried downloading/installing several ways: first downloading onto my PC, transferring, and installing; then downloading onto my PC, emailing, and installing; now downloading and installing directly from my device. Each time my ppc phone gives me "The file ... is not a valid Windows CE Setup file." Am I missing something here? Anyone else having problems?
Coordinator
May 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM

pianoman723 wrote:
Hello all,

I tried this morning to download and install BP 2.7, but the .cab file seems to be invalid. I've tried downloading/installing several ways: first downloading onto my PC, transferring, and installing; then downloading onto my PC, emailing, and installing; now downloading and installing directly from my device. Each time my ppc phone gives me "The file ... is not a valid Windows CE Setup file." Am I missing something here? Anyone else having problems?

What kind of device are you trying to install it on? BeyondPod works on WM5 and WM6 devices only. The CAB file in the "Releases" tab should work correctly. If you have trouble downloading it from there, the same file is also available from http://www.beyondpod.mobi/VersionCheck.aspx
May 1, 2008 at 9:37 PM
I'm using a Samsung Pocket PC phone running Windows Mobile 2003. Is that my problem? Sorry, obviously