how to uninstall?

Topics: User Forum
Nov 26, 2007 at 9:53 AM
How to cleanly uninstall BeyondPod?
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Dewdman42 wrote:
How to cleanly uninstall BeyondPod?

Use remove programs to remove BeyondPod. This will remove the application files and the registration in the "Remove Programs" list. If you want to reset all settings, just delete the BeyondPod directory (Program Files\BeyondPod). This will remove all user specific data (such as the history, subscribed feeds etc.). Those user specific files are not deleted by the uninstall so you don't loose your settings every time you upgrade to new versions.
Nov 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM
for some reason it does not appear in my Remove Programs list. The list is completely empty.
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Dewdman42 wrote:
for some reason it does not appear in my Remove Programs list. The list is completely empty.

I am not sure why your list would be empty, unless you don't have any applications installed on your device. In this case just delete the BeyondPod Directory.
Nov 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM
I have a bunch of stuff installed on my device. Strange. If I just delete the dir, there won't be any registry things I need to clear? Or remove from the start menu, etc??
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Dewdman42 wrote:
I have a bunch of stuff installed on my device. Strange. If I just delete the dir, there won't be any registry things I need to clear? Or remove from the start menu, etc??

You should be able to just delete the the directory. BeyondPod does not store anything in the registry itself. The only thing it touches there is the default OCX skin that Media Players uses when it is being hosted in other applications, and only if you selected a no default screen using BeyondPod's settings dialog.