BeyondPod not working anymore

Nov 11, 2007 at 10:22 PM
I upgraded to version 2.5.5 when it was released. Today, for no reasons at all, I can't get anything from it anymore. I update successfully my feeds then I try to open any of them including the BeyondPod feed itself for updates news and all I get is this message:

"Can't find "BeyondPodFeed"(or one of its componenets). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

I tried removing BeyondPod and rebooting the smartphone. I reinstalled imported back all my feeds and... it miserably failed again. This is driving me insane as nothing has been changed in my smartphone for a while.
Nov 12, 2007 at 9:19 PM


Sylanel wrote:
I upgraded to version 2.5.5 when it was released. Today, for no reasons at all, I can't get anything from it anymore. I update successfully my feeds then I try to open any of them including the BeyondPod feed itself for updates news and all I get is this message:

"Can't find "BeyondPodFeed"(or one of its componenets). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

I tried removing BeyondPod and rebooting the smartphone. I reinstalled imported back all my feeds and... it miserably failed again. This is driving me insane as nothing has been changed in my smartphone for a while.


This is strange. My only guess is that somehow the default web browser on your device may have changed. BeyondPod uses Pocket IE to display the feeds content and sometimes if you install another browser (Opera for example) and it becomes the default browser, that seems to confuse BeyondPod. The error message you are getting is most probably generated by whatever application is set as the default browser, because BeyondPodFeed.html is the html file that BeyondPod generates and tries to open. Have you installed anything that may have replaced (or corrupted) your default web browser?
Nov 23, 2007 at 4:44 AM
I noticed the same thing. I checked the program directory on the SD card and noticed that all the files in the beyondpod directory were gone.

It may be because i was using the cache hack (4096 kb) to improve performance.
Now i have to reinstall and add all my feeds manually again.
To install it properly i had to delete the directory on my SD card and reinstall.

Nice program except for that.....
Nov 23, 2007 at 7:25 PM


navman911 wrote:
I noticed the same thing. I checked the program directory on the SD card and noticed that all the files in the beyondpod directory were gone.

It may be because i was using the cache hack (4096 kb) to improve performance.
Now i have to reinstall and add all my feeds manually again.
To install it properly i had to delete the directory on my SD card and reinstall.

Nice program except for that.....


Sorry the hear that. While theoretically possible, I think it is very unlikely that this was caused by BeyondPod. BeyondPod does write to a couple of files in its own directory, but the fact that all files had disappeared points to a possible "lost" sector(s) on the SD card. SD cards still use the FAT and every so often you get "lost" sectors that manifest as missing files and directories. I have seen that happening from time to time. I would recommend you copy your files from the card to your disk, format the card and copy them back. Sometimes "lost" sectors may take quite a bit of space that becomes unusable until you reformat the card.
Nov 27, 2007 at 5:05 AM
I am sorry for the scare in this case. You were right skyntchev, somehow the default browser had not only been changed, but Opera did not install properly which ended causing all sorts of problems for a little while. I ended up having to restore my device from a backup.
Nov 27, 2007 at 6:24 AM
I tried to use the new function to email articles... I use FlexMail 2007 as my default email client. Somehow, I get the email client to open with a new empty email, but with no text, URL or any signs of the article in the body. I'm affraid this might be a bug... I'll test it some more and will report back with the results.
Nov 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM


Sylanel wrote:
I am sorry for the scare in this case. You were right skyntchev, somehow the default browser had not only been changed, but Opera did not install properly which ended causing all sorts of problems for a little while. I ended up having to restore my device from a backup.


This is really annoying issue with the default browser. I am still trying to figure out why the default browser affects IE when hosted in BeyondPod.
Nov 27, 2007 at 1:03 PM


Sylanel wrote:
I tried to use the new function to email articles... I use FlexMail 2007 as my default email client. Somehow, I get the email client to open with a new empty email, but with no text, URL or any signs of the article in the body. I'm affraid this might be a bug... I'll test it some more and will report back with the results.


I am afraid this is may be a problem with the FlexMail mail package. BeyondPod uses the standard "mailto:" link to launch the default mail client from the browser, passing it feed name and a link to the article. It works fine with the default mail client, so I am not sure why would FlexMail not use the data that it is being given.